Readiness Of Slovenian E-invoicing (ROSE)
The Action aims to increase uptake and use of eInvoicing by the Slovenian contracting authorities and contracting entities, and ensure compliance with the European eInvoicing standard (EN) by the end of May 2018 in line with the Directive 2014/55/EU.
1 June 2017 – 31 May 2018
ACTION IN THE CONTEXT OF THE EUROPEAN UNION POLICIES
The action "Readiness Of Slovenian E-invoicing" is co-financed by the European Union's Connecting Europe Facility (CEF). CEF in Telecom is a key EU instrument to facilitate cross-border interaction between public administrations, businesses and citizens, by deploying digital service infrastructures (DSIs) and broadband networks. Supported actions will contribute to the creation of a European ecosystem of interoperable and interconnected digital services that sustain the Digital Single Market.
EU countries and the European Commission introduced a European Standard for e-Invoicing in response to the many e-invoice formats used across the EU. These varied formats cause unnecessary complexity and high costs for economic operators and public entities and prevent electronic invoices to flow seamlessly across the EU.
According to the European Directive on electronic invoicing in public procurement (2014/55/EU), the receipt of e-invoices send in the European standard is required from public authorities and well as public service providers other than budget users, starting from 28 November 2018.
The adoption of single European standard will allow smooth exchange of eInvoices within European Union which will contribute to wider use of eInvoiceing and consolidation of functioning EU's Digital Single Market.
- Adoption of nationally-specific e-Invoicing standard eSlog 2.0 in compliance with European standard (EN).
- Development and implementation of e-Invoices recipients' e database which will provide a structured information of which institutions receive eInvoices and in which way that accept them.
- Upgrade of single entry and exit points for exchange of e-Invoices at the Public Payments Administration, for recipients of eInvoices which are budget users.
- Establishment of ecosystem for receipt of eInvoices for public services providers which are not budget users.
- Platform for transposition and receipt of e-Invoices sent in one of the European standards.
- rationalisation and simplification of e-business in EU
- automatization of doing business with eInvoicing
- reduction of carbon footprint with paperless environment
- increase transparency and risk reduction for inadequate use of public funds
- opening public service markets in EU and increase competitiveness
- cheaper and high quality public services for citizens of Slovenia/EU
- connection of institutions, citizens and peoples of Europe for ensuring sustainable development, job creation and improving quality of lives.
E-invoicing represents a clear example of how digital innovation can provide efficiencies and cost-cutting measures of tangible benefit to public administrations, citizens and businesses throughout Europe. Digital technologies are transforming our world. It's time to make the EU's single market fit for the digital age.
TRAININGS AND EVENTS
From September 2017 to May 2018 various educative workshops, trainings and conferences will be organised for all stakeholders with the purpose of raising awareness and understanding of the imposition of European standard and to help with the use of technical solutions.
- Public Payments Administration of the Republic of Slovenia
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia
- Centre for European Perspective
- Mojdenar IT